Sunday, September 28, 2008

Definition - #301 – #38 - How can I interest you ?

How can I “interest” you to explore?
How can I “interest” you to have an adventure?
How can I “interest” you in other ways to handle things which can cause you unnecessary grief and discomfort?

All this comes under the heading of “sharing experiences”.
No…it’s not to “tell” you anything! It’s just to “share”!

There is little that’s right or wrong. But to “share” experiences or explanations doesn’t mean to “tell” you anything. Think what you will but please let me share ideas with you.
Some of these ideas you may want to adopt, some you may disagree with; but please let me share with you.
“Sharing” is not threatening you in any way. You remain the same person you always were. True, you may reject or accept some new ideas. But that is always up to you. It’s always your choice!

You may accept or reject what you’ve heard on T.V., but please let me share what I’ve heard.
You may have your own ideas of what this country stands for, but please let me share what I’ve heard.
You may have your own ideas of what’s really important, but please let me share what I’ve heard.
Again, you may have your own ideas, but please let me share what I’ve heard.

Before you disagree or demonstrate try hearing different points of view. Without research or investigation you may be only partially informed. Experience can be a teacher. History can be a teacher. New information can be a teacher. Your desire to be informed may change your desires to argue all the time or to “demonstrate”. Isn’t it better to seek further understanding than it is to constantly state your own opinion? After all, you already know what your own opinion is! There’s nothing new in that!

Before you reject all this…. What, really, is a “successful alternative”?

“To learn”, “to teach”, “to share” are all ways to become more informed. It is in the “how” it’s being presented. Suppose you accept all the ways something is being “presented” as a way of “sharing”; there would be no threat, no arguments, no demonstrations! Life could be more “pleasant”!

No comments: