Friday, September 19, 2008

Definition - #301 - #37 -The “formula” for success?

Many people look for a “success formula”!
But they don’t know what they’re looking for!
“Success” can mean in money, in marriage, in friendships, in every way!

But what if I can’t find a formula for “success”?

Do I continue to have anxieties?
Do I continue to have unresolved fears?
Do I continue to have unresolved problems?
But what if I can’t find a formula for “success”?

Sometimes I feel that I don’t have the information to judge, to have new ideas.
Sometimes I feel that the world has become too complicated.
Sometimes I feel that there are too many issues to cope with.
Do I have to make a difference?

Suppose I just “drop out”?
Suppose I just don’t “give a damn” anymore?
Suppose I just pay attention to what is in front of me, my family, my business, my well being?
Do I have to make a difference?

Well, what do I do?
Is there a “successful alternative” for me to gain control?
If I just feel uncomfortable, what’s the “successful alternative”?
Do I have to make a difference?

Can I find a “formula for success”? ……..

If I feel uncomfortable, if I feel disconcerted; there must be a “plan of personal action”. The plan must be one of self initiation. Nobody will tell you what to do. If I look for a reaction to what I am saying or the policies I have generated, I am doomed to failure. To look for a reaction from others is a sure sign of failure. This must be an independent plan, a self generated plan, “a plan of personal action”.

Obviously if I feel disconnected, disconcerted, depressed I must do something!
To expect a reaction from others is already self defeating. Any requirement that depends on “others” for success is doomed! Again, this must be “a plan of personal action”.
Try to be “constructive” in your conversation with others. They have heard all the negatives before. Try to find out the source of their ideas and opinions. (Don’t be surprised if there isn’t any!) Try to find “mutual definitions”. (It’s more important than any “revelations”!)

Above all, don’t give up any definite plan or hope for yourself. Don’t let these ideas change any hopes for yourself…..(if they are without consequences to others!) Any plan you presently have for the future is better than no plan!

In essence, try to make a “meaningful contribution”. That’s the best you can do…..

No comments: